April 16th, 2004
Five Mile Point Speedway is holding a volunteer day tomorrow (April 17th) at the speedway. A lot of projects have already taken place with many started as well.
Items that we are hoping to work on Saturday with volunteers:
· Bleacher replacement and repair.
· Interior concession building painting.
· Shrub and overgrowth removal.
· Replacing and repairing concrete bleacher steps.
· Bleaching(pressure washing) the V.I.P deck.
· Oil and filter change in water trucks.
· Roof work on some concession buildings.
Projects already completed:
· Race track prep work.
· Guardrails removed.
· Concrete Blocks put in place.
· Infield hub removed and tapered.
· Embankment of speedway tapered and reshaped.
· Concession buildings relocated.
Current and upcoming projects to be completed by speedway and contractors:
· Repairing and adding speedway lights.
· Running new electrical lines.
· Repairing the speedway message board.
A professional painter has been hired to strip and repaint all of the exterior areas of the concession stands. We will still need assistance in painting the interior.
Items provided/available to work with at the speedway:
· paint, scrapers, brushes, rollers, paint trays
· some brush cutters
· concrete and concrete drum mixer
· all bleacher materials
Items volunteers may want to bring:
· cordless drills/screw guns
· any brush cutters or trimmers
The speedway will be providing pizza, soda and water throughout the day and thanks everyone in advance for any contribution they are willing to make.