2009 FIVE MILE POINT SPEEDWAY
KIDDIE CAT RULES
1. Any 4 cylinder front wheel drive car with a maximum wheelbase of 103” with
stock motor, frame and suspension.
2. Stock carburetor or fuel injection. No turbos.
3. Stock transmission for make & model.
5. Passenger tires only; wheel and tire must be of like size. Stock wheels only
with a maximum of 5” inside bead to bead. 13” tire may be no larger than 185-70-13. 14” tires no larger than 195-70-14. No studs or snow tires.
6. All glass except windshield must be removed, including taillights, headlights, markers and mirrors. All glass fragments must be cleaned from minimum of three .375 diameter solid steel bars or .500 diameter .095 wall tubing on 8” centers directly in front of driver, covered with screen.
7. Full six
point roll cage required.
8. Driver’s door must be welded or chained shut.
9. Driver’s floor pan must be complete with no holes.
10. Exhaust (muffler mandatory) must exit behind driver.
11. Aluminum racing seat is mandatory and must be securely fastened to roll cage with a minimum of six 3/8 bolts.
12. A window net on the driver’s side is mandatory. Fire extinguisher in the driver’s compartment is recommended. Fuel shut off in reach of driver and outside afety personnel is mandatory. Fuel cell is mandatory.
13. A five point safety harness (securely fastened to cage), full face snell approved helmet, fireproof gloves, neck collar and shoes are mandatory. If using a single layer suit, you must have a full set of fireproof underwear.
14. Roll bar padding is required in areas where driver contact is possible.
15. Each participant must go through an individual informational program with speedway race officials. Drivers will be educated on proper use of belts, how
to properly enter and exit the race car along with basic driving principles.
16. This class will be run on the inner loop of the speedway.
17. This class is an educational racing division for youngsters. Absolutely no contact or bumping will be permitted on the race track among participants.
18. Drivers must participate in a minimum of two driving practices prior to competing in the class.
19. This is a trophy only class. The top three in each division will be awarded trophies. Season long points will not be tallied.
20. There will be two divisional age groups broken down as follows: Divison 1 – (ages 8,9,10) – Division 2 (ages 11, 12, 13).
21. All participants must have an insurance waiver signed by both parents in order to compete.
22. First race event for the Kiddie Cat class is Saturday, May 30th.
23. Master battery shut off switch is mandatory. Must be located between steering wheel and roll cage so that it is accessible from the outside of the race car. Must be clearly marked.
24. Raceceiver or one way scanner able to monitor 454.000 is mandatory for each driver. (may borrow units from other race teams) – mandatory in all
2009 Kiddie Cat Race Dates:
Sat. 5/30 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 6/6 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 6/13 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 7/4 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 7/11 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 7/25 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 8/1 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 8/15 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 8/22 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 8/29 6:00 p.m.
* additional date to be announced