200 FIVE MILE POINT SPEEDWAY FIGURE 8 RULES
2009 FIVE MILE POINT SPEEDWAY FIGURE 8 RULES
drivers must use a scanner to help avoid collisions under yellow flag
periods. The radio frequency is 454.000
and is mandatory in all racing classes at Five Mile Point
* all regular event race winners will be guaranteed starters for the August 22nd $1,000 to win World Figure 8 Championship.
American made cars from 1961 to 1988. Must be sedan type. No convertibles. 98” wheel base minimum. No excessive rusted frames. All glass must be removed. Frame must be completely stock. Bumpers must match year or car (can be reinforced). Bumper ends may be finished (plated) but must be smooth with no sharp edge.
1. ROLL CAGE: Roll bars must be a complete six point bar with three bars inside driver’s door and a minimum of two bars on passenger side of car. Must be a minimum of 112’. OD thick steel pipe or seamless tubing of 118.’ Thickness. All junctions must be gusset free. Also must have 1” far flown center of windshield. Nerf bars are optional between front and rear tires. One pipe only. Must be tight to body and securely fastened on both ends to behind rear tire. Must attach to frame and bumper. No sharp edges allowed.
TIRES AND WHEELS:
D.O.T approved passenger car tires.
No snows, Hoosiers, McCreary, M&H, Goodyear,
3. ENGINE: Must have been available with the year of car. STOCK ENGINES ONLY!!! Stock 2 or 4 barrel carbs only. Must have come on the engine for that car. (No after market Holleys, No adapters).
4. SHOCKS: Stock shocks and springs for that car only.
5. FUEL TANKS: Fuel tanks must be strapped in trunk. No wood or foreign objects used to secure fuel tank. Fuel cell recommended.
6. WINDSHIELD: Must have full screen in place of windshield (must be made of 112” square wire screen or heavy guage). Interior must be gutted and free of all cloth and sharp edges. One lone bucket seat allowed. Seats must be securely fastened. Racing seats are highly recommended. No fiberglass seats. A high top seat or padded roll bar headrest is mandatory. In a padded headrest, use Styrofoam impact resistant between the steel and your padding to lessen impact. Neck collars are mandatory. Fire retardant driving gloves are required. Fireproof hoods are mandatory.
SEATBELTS: Seatbelts and shoulder harnesses are mandatory at all times and must be tight. Seatbelts and shoulder harnesses must be securely fastened to the frame of the cage and not to the floorboards or sheet metal components of the car. All mounts should be in direct line with the directional pull. Bolts may no be inserted through belt webbing for mounting. It is mandatory that you have a quick release, five point racing harness or non less than three inch width shoulder harness. Crotch belts are mandatory. Arm restraints recommended.
7. HOODS: are required and must have an opening along with fender opening cut for fire extinguisher if needed. Two holes must be placed in hood for extinguisher access.
8. All emblems and chrome strips must be removed.
9. All doors must be welded, chained or bolted shut.
10. Headlight and taillight holes must be covered with metal.
11. Window net mandatory.
12. Cars must have four wheel working brakes.
13. Must have roll padding around the head and body area. Center of steering wheel must be padded.
14. Gas line running through driver’s compartment must be secure and protected from possible ruptures. It is recommended that teams not fill their gas tank to the top.
15. Batteries located in the driver’s compartment must be in covered box, and securely fastened.
16. Front and rear firewall and rear window shelf must be sealed off from drivers compartment with at least 20 gauge steel, non holes.
17. All cars are subject to inspection at any time and must be free of mechanical defects and in safe running condition.
18. NO PROTESTS are allowed!
19. Any rule can be added or subtracted to keep the cars safe and competitive. This is at the discretion of the promoter and or technical inspector. Figure 8 racing is not a demolition derby. The object is to be the first car to finish the designated amount of laps that are posted. Hitting another car in the driver’s side door is forbidden and can result in disqualification. The idea is to be safe and have fun.
20. Must have Snell approved helmet dated within five years of the current race season. All belts must be approved. Fire retardant racing suit is mandatory and a full one piece suit is recommended. Full fire retardant under wear, hood and racing shoes is recommended. Full face helmet recommended. Must have approved safety glasses otherwise. Fire retardant racing gloves are mandatory.
21. Drivers that paint their cars like a Nextel Cup car will be provided one free pit pass at each race event that the Figure 8’s are competing. Car must be pre-registered to avoid duplicate numbers and pit pass recipients must have a track membership.
22. All cars must be painted in bright colored schemes. Black and/or grey paint schemes are prohibited. White cars should have bright striping or numbers. Make your cars as visible as possible.
RACE TRACK OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY ENTRANT FOR ANY REASON THEY DEEM NECESSARY AND APPLICABLE. ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN A MANNER THAT REFLECTS FAVORABLY ON THE SPORT OF AUTO RACING. FOUL OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
THE MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ANY RULE OR RULES THEY FEEL IT IS NECESSARY AND REFUSE ANY PROTEST IF THEY FEEL IT IS UNNECESSARY AND BEING USED FOR HARASSING REASONS. ALL FINES AND/ OR SUSPENSION WILL BE IN EFFECT AT ALL EVENTS. THE INTERPRETATION AND INVOKING OF THE RULES PUBLISHED HEREIN SHALL BE DETERMINED BY FMPOFFICIALS ONLY IN THEIR PROFESSIONAL DISCRETION.